Judy Dobberpuhl, Washington
Stephanie Schlosser, British Columbia
Betsy Asmus, California
Jannai Pero, California
Amber Shea Ford, Kansas
Cecily Scott, New Mexico
Karen Osborne, Texas
Judith Toscano, Virginia
Heather Bishop, Washington
Elizabeth Fraser, Maine
The Vegabond, Quebec, Canada
Afke Zonderland, British Columbia
Marlie Centawer, Ontario, Canada
Eloise Nelson, Boulder Colorado
Jennifer Una, California
Margaret Gomes, California
Debrilla Ratchford, New Mexico
April Weller, New York
Iris Kowen, Israel
Joy Houston, California
Angelique Miller, California
Imago Mana, Hawaii
Megan Elizabeth McDonnell, Arizona
Martina Brueggemann, Netherlands
Mila Ilina, Colorado
Michelle Warren, Florida
Amanda Froelich, South Dakota
Kim Blair, Wisconsin
Nancy Clayburn, Missouri
Lisa Villary, Ontario, Canada
Erin McCann, Wisconsin
Lisa Norman, California
Cheryl Lee-Butler, Maryland
John Kohler, California
Chaya Ryvka Diehl, California
Jillian Love, California
Myra Corbett, California
Christina Chadney, California
Pepper Hernandez, Oklahoma
Heather McCarthy, California
Mary Kay Simoni, Ohio
Sandy Mitchell, Illinois
Colleen Miller, Florida
Here’s the scoop:
You are invited to submit a video of a recipe demonstration for our online Hot Raw Chef Contest! We have some tremendous prizes for three lucky winners - plus you will receive international exposure for your talents as a Hot Raw Chef! Among other things, the winning chef will be awarded the Grand Prize of $4,995 certificate towards tuition of ANY Living Light class AND/OR stay at the Living Light Inn. This is really your chance to shine as the best of the best in the raw food world!
There is no charge to enter. Videos will be judged entirely on the merits of the demo and not on production quality or camera work, so you do not need to have fancy video equipment to qualify or to win.
In order to evaluate all the videos fairly, we ask you to respect the following guidelines. Videos which are submitted and do not follow the guidelines may be disqualified.
Hot Raw Chef Sweet Valentine Video Recipe contestants – here is what you need to know:
The Video Submission
• The total length of the video must be under 5 minutes.
• The video must be of you demonstrating your own original recipe.
• At the end of your video presentation, you must say, “Go to HotRawChef.com to vote for me! Don’t forget – do it now! That’s HotRawChef.com to cast your Peoples Choice vote for me, [your name here]!”
• You must submit a photograph of your final plated dish.
• When you sign up you will be notified, or will need to return to hotrawchef.com, to complete registration and receive the video submission instructions.
• Your video will be evaluated on presentation and teaching style as well as recipe quality and adherence to the judging criteria.
• Deadline for video submissions is midnight Pacific Time on January 24, 2011.
• Your recipe must contain 100% vegan ingredients (no honeybee, dairy or other animal products or byproducts.)
• The recipe must be written in an easy-to-read format and submitted using our recipe writing guidelines (Click here to see recipe writing guidelines.)
• Your recipe must contain a minimum of 90% raw ingredients by weight. Ingredients which are admissible, but not considered raw, include things like: miso, tamari, natural flavor extracts like food grade essential oils, vanilla, and other pure flavor extracts, pure agave, maple syrup, agar agar, lecithin, and commercially dehydrated foods, likes spices.
• Your recipe will be included in an e-Book of contest recipes which will be given to everyone who registers to vote.
• You must submit a photograph along with your recipe and video showing your finished, plated dish.
• All presenters are required to agree to a standard waiver for the use of photos, video, and recipes by representatives of Living Light. (Click here to see waiver.)
• Please refrain from using inappropriate slang, swear words, disrespectful or judgmental language.
• Avoid giving unsubstantiated nutritional information or medical advice.
• Do not use this video as a sales opportunity or for personal promotion of a web site, etc. All entrants will have their web site and/or contact information listed on our voting page so people may contact you for information about your services.
• The voting period for videos will be between January 28 and February 9, 2011.
• You may enter no more than once.
• Living Light faculty, employees, and family members are not eligible to participate.
All submissions will be equally reviewed for the following:
1. Overall Presentation and Teaching Style - 40%
Includes professionalism, teaching skills, enthusiasm, culinary expertise, culinary tips, ease of recipe, and attractiveness of final product
2. Quality of Recipe - 20%
Includes originality, creativity, ease of preparation, clarity of written recipe
3. Adherence to Guidelines - 20%
Includes amount of non-raw ingredients, amount of time spent promoting products, offering unsubstantiated nutritional information, etc. (see criteria)
4. Votes by the Public - 20%
Get your friends to support your rise to the top! The person with the most votes in this category will win the Peoples’ Choice Award. Votes will also count toward the overall score.
The Three Prizes
For this video contest, three prizes will be awarded: Grand Prize, Runner-Up, and People's Choice.
1. Overall Grand Prize
The best overall winner will receive an unprecedented Grand Prize of $4,995 certificate towards tuition of ANY Living Light class AND/OR stay at the Living Light Inn! There is no cash redemption for this prize and the certificate is non-transferable. You must use the tuition credit or stay at the inn within 18 months after the Sweet Valentine Video Recipe Contest winner is announced.
The runner up winner will receive $450 credit towards a culinary class at Living Light. This certificate is transferable so you can choose to further your education or give it as a gift to someone you love!
3. People’s Choice
The person who wins the most votes from online ratings alone will receive a gift certificate for $250 to spend in any way they choose at one of Living Light’s four businesses. This includes the Marketplace, Inn, Café, or Culinary Institute.
All together we’re giving away $5,695 worth of prizes, so get your video cameras and flip phones ready!